Immediate/Same-Day Dental Implants in Springfield
Precision: Dr. Cross is committed to bringing his patients the most precise dental implants possible.
Dental implants are a specialty treatment, and the skill required for placing them properly and securely requires years of university and continuing education to develop. By choosing a periodontist and microsurgical specialist for your care, you can have confidence that your procedure will have a successful, lasting, and natural-looking outcome.
Dental implants are proven to be the most successful, durable restoration treatment available. However, a lengthy drawback has been that the traditional approach to dental implants requires a staged treatment sequence. As an alternative, Dr. J. David Cross offers Springfield patients a solution for immediate/same-day dental implants that speeds up the treatment by several months without diminishing its success, strength, esthetic appeal, or functional improvement.
Dr. Cross is committed to bringing to Springfield patients the highest quality of dental implants manufactured in the world today. He has critically reviewed each of the implant companies and chosen only to use those companies that have met the following criteria:
- Long-term success.
- Commitment to critical research and evaluation by both independent and academic professionals.
- Dedication to the latest proven technologies and advancements in regenerative and implant research.
- Dr. Cross currently utilizes the two leaders in implant dentistry, which include Straumann and Branemark-Nobel Biocare.
- Dr. Cross has committed his practice to Esthetic Periodontal and Implant Microsurgery. This commitment ensures continual education in the latest technologies and development as well as a thorough understanding of the literature and past research.
- This allows patients to have the confidence in Dr. Cross and the treatment they will receive.
An Overview of Immediate Dental Implants
A dental implant is an artificial root that Dr. Cross places in the bone. The implant connects to a crown or bridge. By replacing the entire tooth structure, your restoration will have greater stability and should last longer than other treatment options. You should enjoy these advantages regardless of whether you receive staged or same-day dental implants.
For certain Springfield patients, Dr. Cross can provide immediate dental implants and eliminate the 6-8 month waiting period after bone grafts. These same-day dental implants combine the procedures into a single visit without diminishing the quality of the outcome.
Are You a Good Candidate for Immediate Dental Implants?
Patients require a comprehensive evaluation to determine if they are a candidate for this treatment. During the evaluation, Dr. Cross will perform the following:
- A complete evaluation.
- Possible radiographs, which may include 3D imaging, that will allow Dr. Cross to properly assess the quality and quantity of the bone present.
- A consultation to discuss his findings and recommended treatment and answer any of your questions or concerns.
What Patients Can Expect with Immediate Dental Implants
After a comprehensive consultation with Dr. Cross, treatment will be scheduled at a convenient time.
On the day of your appointment:
- Dr. Cross will work gently, carefully, and in close communication with you to ensure your comfort.
- After the treatment is completed, Dr. Cross will review with you how to manage the area as it is healing. After providing detailed instructions, his office will also provide written instructions for you.
- Dr. Cross and his staff will provide contact phone numbers should you have any questions or concerns during your treatment.
- The aftercare guidelines will help you with management of the site and ensure a quick and successful healing.
You will return to Dr. Cross’ practice about every 4-6 weeks for the next few months to ensure that you are healing properly. After the immediate dental implants and bone grafts have integrated with the jawbone—usually 6-8 months later—he will refer you back to your general or restorative dentist to complete your restoration.
If your teeth require extraction or you have missing teeth and want to restore your smile, learn more about immediate/same-day dental implants in Springfield. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Cross online or by phone at 217-793-0196.